BEASTWAY 2020 SERIES RACE DATES AND OTHER EVENTS
Beastway MTB 28th season Series and round 1 entry
All races held at Hog Hill (Redbridge Cycling Centre), Forest Rd, London IG6 3HP
Courses change every week to present new challenges.
- Round 1 – SUNDAY 3rd May. Regional A Category XCO. Separate race for Women
10.00 – under 10 10mins short course
10.15 – under 12 15mins short course
11.00 – Youth & Juveniles 30mins
12.00 – Veteran Men 1h15
13.30 – Women; seniors, veterans and juniors 1h15
15.15 – Men; seniors and juniors 1h30
Series and round 1 entry
- Rounds 2 – 9 Wednesday evenings 6 May to 24 June
19.00 – u12 & u10
19.30 – Seniors, Veteran & Juniors M/F 1h00
19.45 – u16 & u14 Youths join main race 0h45
- Prizegiving finale at Round 9 on 24 June
PLUS: Womens’ coaching day with Jarvis Goodyear in April
Tour of the Hopfields – Sunday 12 July 2020 **New Event**
Enter Tour of the Hopfields here
Our off-road sportives continue to be popular and MTBs are welcome, but you’re best on a gravel or cyclocross bike.
Tour of the Hopfields is 100km on byways, bridleways and lanes on the Kent edges of London, roughly where the M25/M26/M20 form a triangle. Our start and finish is at a country pub with a huge garden and lots of parking. We’ll get you started just after 9am and meet you half way round with a serving of tea and cake at a lovely village hall where there’s a cricket match going on. Back at the finish you can take your time and enjoy the pub food and well, yeah, beer.
Off-road sportives are sometimes called Gravel Rides. This new event is based on our Tour of the Cornfields which first ran in 2006 – we think it was the country’s first such event – and it’s going stronger than ever from its base at Wimpole Hall in S Cambs – see below.
Tour of the Cornfields – Sunday 6 September 2020
Enter Tour of the Cornfields here
Tour of the Cornfields is the country’s original off-road sportive, run since 2006. This year it’s on Sunday 6 September around 100km of byways, bridleways and lanes from the National Trust’s Wimpole Hall. The ride is now a classic and our low-key approach is appreciated by the select few who ride it. Strictly max 300 riders.
Beastway London Summer Cyclocross 2020 (MTB riders welcome)
- Round 1 – Thursday 2 July, Jubilee Park Leyton, Seymour Road, London E10 7BL
- Round 2 – Thursday 9 July, Bethlem Hospital, Monks Orchard Rd, BR3 3BX
- Round 3 – Thursday 16 July, Redbridge Cycling Circuit, London IG6 3HP
- Round 4 – Thursday 23 July, Herne Hill Velodrome Burbage Rd, London SE24 9HE
BEASTWAY 2019 SERIES RACE DATES AND OTHER EVENTS
Beastway MTB 27th season
- Round 1 – SATURDAY 27 April XCO with separate Youth race
Saturday 27 April Race times
u12s 14:00 15mins duration
Youths 14:20 30mins duration
Senior M 15:00 90mins duration
Junior M 15:10
Vets M & F 15:30
all 18+ riders finish around 16:30
Pre-entry closes on Weds 24 Apr at 11pm
- Round 2 – Wednesday 1 May
- Round 3 – Wednesday 8 May
- Round 4 – Wednesday 15 May
- Round 5 – Wednesday 22 May
- Round 6 – Wednesday 29 May
- Round 7 – Wednesday 5 June
- Round 8 – Wednesday 12 June
- Round 9 – Wednesday 19 June
- Championships and Series Prizegiving – Wednesday 26 June
Beastway MTB FB group (opens in a new tab)
Beastway London Summer Cyclocross (MTB riders welcome)
- Round 1 – Thursday 4 July, Jubilee Park Leyton, Seymour Road, London E10 7BL
- Round 2 – Thursday 11 July, Frylands Scout Camp, Featherbed Ln, Croydon CR0 9AA
- Round 3 – Thursday 18 July, Cyclopark, The Tollgate, Gravesend DA11 7NP
- Round 4 – Thursday 25 July, Redbridge Cycling Circuit Forest Road, London IG6 3HP
- Round 5 – Thursday 1 Aug, Bethlem Hospital, Monks Orchard Rd, BR3 3BX
- Round 6 – Thursday 8 August Redbridge Cycling Circuit, London IG6 3HP
- Round 7 – Thursday 15 Aug, Hillingdon House Farm, Park Road, Uxbridge UB8 1ES
- Round 8 – Thursday 22 Aug, Herne Hill Velodrome Burbage Rd, London SE24 9HE
Beastway London Summer Cross FB group (opens in a new tab)
Sunday 1 September – Tour of the Cornfields
Our 100km off-road sportive on byways, bridleways and tracks starting and finishing at the prestige venue of Wimpole Estate in S Cambs. Some fabulous out-of-the-way places and a wonderful stop for tea and cakes.
Tour of the Cornfields FB Group (opens in a new tab)
BEASTWAY 2018 SERIES RACE DATES AND OTHER EVENTS
- Round 1 – Wednesday 2 May
- Round 2 – Wednesday 9 May
- Round 3 – Wednesday 16 May
- Round 4 – Wednesday 23 May
- Round 5 – Wednesday 30 May
- Round 6 – Wednesday 6 June
- Round 7 – Wednesday 13 June
- Round 8 – Wednesday 20 June
- Round 9 – Wednesday 27 June PLUS series awards ceremony after a full race
We are also the organisers of the London Summer Cyclocross Series in 2018
- Round 1 – Thursday 5 July at Jubilee Park, Leyton
- Round 2 – Thursday 19 July at Frylands, organised by Stuart McGhee and Sutton CC
- Round 3 – Thursday 2 August at Beckenham Place Park EAST
- Round 4 – Thursday 16 August at Herne Hill with series awards to follow a full race
And once again we are delighted to bring you the TOUR of the CORNFIELDS on Sunday 2 September. This is our off-road sportive for pre-season cyclocross shakedown on gravel, cross and MTB bikes over 100km of byways, bridleways and lanes between Cambridge, Bedford and Huntingdon.
STEVENS BEASTWAY 2017 RACE DATES
- Round 1 – Saturday 29 April
- Round 2 – Wednesday 10 May
- Round 3 – Wednesday 17 May
- Round 4 – Wednesday 24 May
- Round 5 – Wednesday 31 May
- Round 6 – Wednesday 7 June
- Round 7 – Wednesday 14 June
- Round 8 – Wednesday 21 June
- Round 9 – Wednesday 28 June
Once again we have 9 rounds with a Saturday opener.We end on 28 June with a shorter race to give time for the series awards. Your BEST SEVEN results to count.
Series entry will save you time and money. Plus this year you can claim a personalised series number board and access to some special prices on bulk ToRQ product. – These offers are only available when making full series entry.
Our first round is also the opening round of the SE MTB Series so we’re hoping for an influx of new riders ‘sarf of the river’, especially the Youth ones because it’s a qualifier for the SE Inter-Regionals team.
There will be 9 rounds in 2016:
Round 1 Saturday 9th April.
- Round 2 Wednesday May 18
- Round 3 Wednesday May 25
- Round 4 Wednesday June 1
- Round 5 Wednesday June 8
- Round 6 Wednesday June 15
- Round 7 Wednesday June 22
- Round 8 Wednesday June 29
- Round 9 Saturday July 2
** This year we run as a National Points series . **
Wednesdays6.30pm -7pm Youth u12
7.30- 8.30pm Elite/Expert/Seniors/Veterans/Women/Novice/Juniors.
7.50- 8.30pm Juvenile U14/ Youth U16
All riders should gather 10 minutes before the start and be ready to slot into their groups.
Youth for 30 minutes.
Seniors/Juniors/Veterans/Women/Novice race for one hour.
Saturday 2nd July