After only being able to run two events last year – Tour of the Cornfields & Tour of the Hopfields – we are ready to run a full season in 2021. Of course there will be social distancing and public health measures in place as we get through this pandemic but it’s worth it for proper racing.
There will be NINE one-hour Wednesday evening races in May and June, plus TWO full XCO races on Sundays 23 May and 6 June with Regional A status for extra ranking points. The first XCO will also be the British Cycling Regional Championships on Sunday 23 May where riders from the region will compete along with all other regions who are welcome to join. We’ll pick out the regional placings later based on eligibility of BC membership and address. You don’t have to be a British Cycling member to take part in Beastway races but we continue to offer our race entry through their calendar since we organise under their rules and use their insurance to be sure of doing things properly.
Beastway MTB Series 2021
- Round 1 – Wednesday 5 MAY
- Round 2 – Wednesday 12 MAY
- Round 3 – Wednesday 19 MAY
- Round 4 – Sunday 23 MAY – XCO and REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Round 5 – Wednesday 26 MAY
- Round 6 – Wednesday 2 JUNE
- Round 7 – Sunday 6 JUNE – XCO with REGIONAL A POINTS
- Round 8 – Wednesday 9 JUNE
- Round 9 – Wednesday 16 JUNE
- Round 10 – Wednesday 23 JUNE
- Round 11 – Wednesday 30 JUNE
For our own series points it will be your best NINE rounds to count towards the series prizes. Our series awards are always special. The two XCO rounds will have their own awards and of course the title of Regional Champion will be awarded to the eligible riders (BC members residing in the region).
Full MTB series info and entry here (opens in new tab)
Beastway London Summer Cyclocross Series 2021
Four races in four weeks in June.
- Round 1 – Thursday 3 JUNE, Hog Hill London IG6 3HP
- Round 2 – Thursday 10 JUNE, Hog Hill London IG6 3HP
- Round 3 – Thursday 17 JUNE, Herne Hill London SE24 9HE
- Round 4 – TUESDAY 22 JUNE, Herne Hill London SE24 9HE – Finale prizegiving and BAR (fingers crossed)
The Summer Cross races are a chance to test bikes and riders as new people come in to try our sport. – Perhaps they will stay at it into the ‘muddy months’ but whatever, these races are always super-popular and a great way to enjoy the light summer evenings. Particularly when we hit the Tuesday finale normality may have resumed and we can make the most of the bar at Herne Hill. 🙂 More details and online entry here (opens in new tab)
See also the Cornfields / Hopfields tab above for details of our off-road gravel sportives